AFC's Sean Connolly The Grilled Tour at Samplings on the Fourteenth

Saturday, September 28, 2013 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

Last Tuesday night I was invited by my friend Aimi to join her for dinner at Samplings on the Fourteenth for AFC's Sean Connolly The Grilled Tour.I went straight after work,hence my simple outfit.
Poor lighting which resulted in this picture!
It was a five course dinner and I managed to try a few dishes that I've never tried before.

Yes that's my name!


Love the bread and the pretty rose butter

First appetizer:
Raspberry and White Pepper Gravlax of King Salmon with Creme Fraiche


Second appetizer:
New Zealand Scampi Sashimi with Chili,Baby Coriander and Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Third appetizer:
Mushroom and Miso broth with coriander and daikon
Main course(choose between lamb or beef or vegan):
Grilled Australian rib eye with miso hollandaise,fondant potato and asparagus

Sean Connolly demonstrating how to cook the rib eye

Dessert:
Wild strawberry sorbet with strawberry soup and goat's milk jelly

Of all the dishes,what I love was the miso hollandaise that was paired with the rib eye,the fondant potato and also the sorbet.The salmon appetizer and miso brother was both quite salty..this was a consensus with everybody on the table.It was my first time tasting raw scampi and it was actually quite good.I love that he use cili padi(birds eye chili) for a bit of heat.

Everybody at the table kept asking for more bread hahaha But I don't think it was baked by the chef himself.The dishes was paired with whiskey but I declined as I don't drink alcohol.The goat's milk jelly for dessert was interesting as it had edible gold leaf on top.It was pretty bland on it's own but when mixed with the sorbet and soup,it tasted really unique and good.

I had a great time catching up with my ever busy friend Aimi who was actually involved in planning the event that night.Next blogpost will be about my experience at theSkintopic anniversary event.:) Have a great weekend!

0 comments: