Review:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Thursday, January 02, 2014 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

Welcome to 2014!How was your New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?I spend both days going out on dates with my guy,baking,buying groceries, and hanging out at home(which I rarely got to do haha) :)

Last night I watched my first movie for the year of 2014 and it was a really good one.Props to the director who's also the main actor.Oh,this movie is loosely based on the short story by James Thurber of the same name.

I've watched the trailer for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty weeks before but I thought he was a UPS delivery guy of some sort because of his outfit and also over the fact that he was carrying a parcel.I guess I did't really remember the trailer :P

But actually Walter works for Life magazine as the negative assets(pictures) manager.He has a crush on his co-worker Cheryl but can never bring himself to ask her out on a date.Walter has a problem as well..he day dreams..A LOT that he spaces out in the middle of a conversation.He has a pretty active imagination!

One day he receives a set of negatives from Sean O'Connell,a photojournalist who works closely with him, which includes a gift for him,a wallet,for his excellent work.Among the negatives,Sean specifically asks for the negatives number 25 to be used as the cover for the last issue of LIFE.

But Walter and his co-worker Hernando can't seem to find it!This is where things get interesting because I love mystery/solving clues etc..Walter have to find Sean's whereabouts to get the negative 25 and he does this by looking at the photos that were given to him from Sean.

At the same time,the staffs for LIFE magazine are being retrenched because the magazine will no longer be in print and will only be available online(I thought that this was very current as I myself subscribes to a lot of online magazines on my iPad :P)

The movie gets so beautiful when Walter travels to Greenland,Iceland and the Himalays in order to find Sean,because of the amazing sceneries.I also love how Ben Stiller(Walter)is looking way hotter now as he grows older.hahaha You can see that his whole look changes and or as that Todd guy from e-harmony calls him--Indiana Jones meet The Strokes?haha

Also,it was interesting when Walter's mother had some of the major clues all along..further proving my point about a mother's instincts!My own mother always seems to know what I need before I even know it haha

Do watch the movie as you won't be sorry!Ben Stiller did a good job with this movie as a director,producer and main actor!

The ending was beautiful as well.Such an uplifting movie,a perfect one to start 2014 with.Here's to another amazing year :)

Oh,I'd give this movie 4 out of 5!


0 comments: