Kiehl's Fun In The Sun event with The Butterfly Project

Saturday, June 21, 2014 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

Let's go!
In one of my previous post I mentioned that I wanted to attend Kiehl's Fun In The Sun event because of the reasons mentioned in it.And on 8th of June,I managed to do so!The event was held at One Utama's Secret Garden..and I never knew it existed!Probably because whenever I go to One Utama it's at night to watch a movie and have dinner with the boyfriend.
Beautiful garden!

The garden was so beautiful and well maintaned.There were ponds,so many trees,shrubs,flowers..there was even lotus in the pond and I actually saw a real purple lotus!It was so pretty.
Purple lotus
The weather was super hot though and I'm glad that I dressed appropriately in a light chiffon top.But it didn't stop the sweat from pouring down.haha I did however wore my Steve Madden heels which I shouldn't have because my feet was throbbing after the event(the shoes were comfy but standing in it for a few hours is not!) that I changed into my Ipanema flip flops after it ended to walk around the mall with the girls.
Mr Bones!
When I arrived at OU,the stores was still closed and there was no one around.That was actually pretty cool to me because the place is always packed with people.The lift to the Secret Garden only opens at 10am.I arrived earlier so I had to wait with another Butterfly blogger--Dr Zatil,for it to open.It was funny because we tried to find ways to go up since we couldn't press the lift button.We ended up meeting Tammy and Ayna from The Butterfly Project on the way up.
Ayna and Tammy in their cool Kiehl's coat!
Bloggers arriving
When we arrived,all the other Butterfly bloggers came too!We were greeted by the friendly Kiehl's team and we signed on Mr Bones..took lotsa pictures before we went to the area of the event which was situated at the end of the garden.
My signature top right!

As we got there,we could see the pretty display of food,the hanging colorful lanterns and display of Kiehl's latest product-- their Ultra Facial Oil-Free skincare line.
The food spread
Pretty display of the skincare products
Pretty lanterns!
We were given a skin consultation to determine the shine level of our complexion.Surprisingly I got a normal complexion..but I think that was because it's still early in the morning.
Taken from The Butterfly Project's page
My skin usually starts to become oily from afternoon to evening.The humidity and our crazy hot weather doesn't help my oily skin condition as well.When I go to places with a cooler climate,my skin actually becomes much better!But I believe that Kiehl's products will help this predicament of mine :)
Terrarium how to!

After the skin consultation,I learned how to make a terrarium with some of the Butterfly bloggers with Terrariums Malaysia.It was fun and an interesting thing to do!We got to take home the terrarium that we made!A terrarium basically consist of layers of dried moss,stones,dirt,topped with a cactus on top.They only need to be watered every 10 days.How low maintenance!
Preparing the layers

Our pretty terrariums!
Anfaal,Shasha,Shivani and I sat down to cool ourselves from the heat and admire our work.Afterwards we went to have a bite to eat and then took some more pictures with the other bloggers and organizers of the event.It was a simple and great event on a sunny Sunday morning.
Yummy bites!

Each one of the 30 bloggers was given a goodie bag by Kiehl's which contained the whole range of their Ultra Facial Oil-Free skincare line.So far I've been using the product for a few days and I swear that the moisturizer is one of the BEST that I've used so far.
The products given to all bloggers
It just feels really good on your skin.The texture is amazing and it absorbs really fast on your skin as well.Because you know..sometimes you have to wait for the moisturizer to sink in into your skin before you can put on your makeup..this one does the job fast!Plus it doesn't leave a sticky feeling on your skin and it doesn't sting or feels tight.It does a really good job.I can't wait to show you girls the difference that it has made on my skin in probably..3-4 weeks time?
Taken from HERE.

The main ingredient for Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free skincare is Imperata Cylindrica root.So I googled on what it is..basically it's a type of grass that grows in the desert.

The Imperata Cylindrica plant thrives in dry, excessively saline environments and is native to many of Earth’s deserts, but is especially prolific in the Australian Outback. Imperata Cylindrica’s roots contain high concentrations of potassium which provides an immediate and lasting hydrating effect. In our formulation, Imperata Cylindrica helps skin to store and retain moisture efficiently – even in the driest weather conditions. It is believed that indigenous Australians of centuries past used the desert plant as a substitute for salt, due to its high saline content. (Taken from HERE)

Hence why we had an activity to build a terrarium filled with a cactus because..how are you gonna decorate grass?They have the same resilient properties--cactus and grass,as both thrive in the desert.

There's also Antarcticine in the products (gel-cream & toner):

Antarcticine, sourced from Antarctica, is a glycoprotein* that has demonstrated many unique benefits when used in skincare formulas. With superb protection against dryness, Antarcticine helps hydrate skin and provides it with a noticeably smoother appearance while shielding skin from the damaging effects of free-radicals. It further helps to protect skin from extremely cold temperatures, facilitating skin’s retention of natural water reserves. (Taken from HERE)

Here are the full line of products under the Ultra Facial Oil-Free range.You can click on the name of the products to know more about it on Kiehl's website.

1)Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser(RM85)

2)Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner(RM85)

3)Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel-Cream(50ML-RM100,125ML-RM190)
I want to thank The Butterfly Project and Kiehl's for organising this great event!Hopefully there'll be more events involving Kiehl's as I believe that they're such a good brand for our skin.I will blog further about how the products have affected my skin in about a month or so :)
Picture time!
Everybody!Pic taken from The Butterfly Project's fb page

Links!
Kiehl's Malaysia website:
http://www.kiehlstimes.com.my/
Kiehl's Malaysia fb page:

0 comments: