Random

Monday, February 04, 2008 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

I'm currently reading 3 books.2 for 2 of my classes and 1 for leisure.Yup,I love to read..so what?Last night as I was reading Eat,Pray,Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, this excerpt from the book struck to me.I'll type it here so that you guys can read it...because to me,I find that it's true..Because i've seen it happen to my friends.And shamefully,I have experience it before to.

"Addiction is the hallmark of every infatuation-based love story.It all begins when the object of your adoration bestows upon you a heady,hallucinogenic dose of something you never even dared to admit you wanted---an emotional speedball,perhaps of thunderous love and roiling excitement.Soon you start craving that intense attention,with the hungry obsession of any junkie.When the drug is withheld,you promptly turn sick,crazy and depleted(not to mention resentful of the dealer who encouraged this addiction in the first place but who now refuses to pony up the good stuff anymore--despite the fact that you know he has it hidden somewhere,goddamn it,because he used to give it to you for free)."

Whadya think??So far,I'm pretty pleased with the book.It's not fiction.It's about her journey to Italy(the reason why I bought the book in the first place),India & Indonesia.

0 comments: