The smell of frangipanis

Thursday, October 11, 2007 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments


Frangipani or kemboja, is a common sight in my hometown.Especially near kubur site(cemetery).But I fell in love with this flower a few years ago, nonetheless. I love the smell of the white flower with a bright yellowe center.The other color of frangipanis does not smell as nice as the white ones. My parents plant a few of the trees at our house and when the flower blooms, I will put a few of them in a bowl filled with water and put it near my bedside table.And every morning or whenever I feel like it I’ll smell the flowers.And a whiff of it just calms me.I wish that I can put the smell into a perfume and wear it everyday.I got so excited when I read in a magazine that Annick Goutal release a perfume named Songes that is derived from the Frangipani.So as I went to Annick Goutal perfume counter to get a whiff of Songes, oh what a dismay when the smell is not at all close to the smell of frangipanis. I wish that there’s a perfume out there that smell like a bouquet of white frangipanis so that I can buy and wear them.Until then, I’ll just have to stick to experiencing the scent by putting them in bowls of water in my room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try chantecaille frangipani

Anonymous said...

Try frangipanis by Ormonde Jayne