Feast of Love

Sunday, October 26, 2008 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments


There is a story about the Greek Gods; they were bored so they invented human beings, but they were still bored so they invented love, then they weren't bored any longer. So they decided to try love for themselves. And finally, they invented laughter, so they could stand it.

The line above says a lot.Love is not always going to be about happiness.There are moments of sadness and hardship too and being able to laugh at times when it's hard is what makes it easier to bear sometimes.

I can't believe it took me this long to watch this movie.I am so glad that I found this movie..or maybe it found me?The movie is not that amazing but I love the fact that it gives me another perspective when it comes to love.I mean,nothing is ever black and white when it comes to love and relationships right?The movie is of course based on the book Feast of Love by Charlie Baxter.
The movie revolves around the characters in the book but it's not played out in the same way that the book was.In the movie,the story revolves around Bradley,a guy who's always seemed to be unlucky with love.Harry,the observer of all the people around him that's in love & coping with the death of his son.
Oscar & Chloe(my fave couple,pic below!) who's relationship is sort of like Romeo & Juliet.There's minor characters as well like Kathryn(Bradley's ex-wife) and Jenny who fell in love with each other.There's Diana(also Bradley's ex-wife) and David who fell in love while having an affair.

The character that I love most in the movie has to be Chloe and Oscar.And judging from other reviews that I read over the net,the story of their love should have taken center stage but it wasn't possible since each characters has their own story to tell.

I love the fact that Chloe was resilient and she stayed with Oscar and she made things happen for them because she knew that Oscar would leave her soon,from the psychic reading that she went to.She made sure that they'll get the house that they wanted(love the scene where both of them were talking about the foyer and kids) and she asked him to marry her.

I also love Bradley for not giving up on love even though he was screwed twice in marriage.And I love the line that Harry said about Bradley.That he could not hold against his wives for being in love.

I mean,how could you stop one from loving another right?Like a quote that I love said,"The heart will want what it wants".

On a lighter note,the trailer for Confessions of a Shopaholic is out!!!!I'm sad that Becky will not be British(like in the book)in the movie but instead she's American.But I love that Luke Brandon is Hugh Dancy!!!!

0 comments: