More books & apple pie

Monday, June 08, 2009 Liyana Hanim 3 Comments



I went to the Payless Warehouse again on Saturday.hehe.This time I went with my family & my mum paid for the books instead!yessss..haha.I bought 7 books & only 1 of them were fiction.I couldn’t find the Elvis & Me book that I had to forgo on Friday because I wanted to keep to my budget,plus I’ve watch the movie version of the book.

The 7 books were rm10 each.They are as follows:

1.FBI :An Uncensored Look Behind The Walls by Sanford J.Ungar
-When I saw this book,curiosity got the best of me & I had to have it.I love books on the CIA & FBI because I find them very intriguing.Plus this thick book on the FBI sheds a lot of light about what really is the FBI.Even my mum and my brother Haziq who doesn’t like to read books were interested in the book.

2.The Secrets of Nostradamus:A Radical New Interpretation of the Master’s Prophecies by David Ovason
-Blame my love for the tv series Alias for my interest in Nostradamus. The author of this book has studied the life & writing of Nostradamus for more than 40 years!This book is very extensive & I can’t wait to find out more about him. Though I wish the book on Nostradamus along with his prophecies in pictures that I saw on Friday was available but it wasn’t there anymore either!Damnzz.

3.Falling Up,poems & drawings by Shel Silverstein
-I just had to have this book.The poems & drawings were just way too cute for words.Plus I saw the book one a talk show a while back or was it in one of the old InStyle mags that I still keep?

4.As The Romans Do:The Delights,Dramas and Daily Diversions of Life in the Eternal City by Alan Epstein
-As most of my friends know, I always, always dream of going to Rome or Tuscan anywhere in Italy for that matter (look at the title of my blog, it’s in Italian!). I even came close in taking Italian as my 3rd language with Izza during part 3 but due to technical problems, we had to take Japanese. This book is said to be, “For anyone who loves things Italian, this insider view of the most mature city on earth is the perfect companion.”Perfect!Alan Epstein has written other books & has even appeared on Oprah.

5. Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales
-For the inner child in me.:)..Nuff said. Plus, it’s a children classic!

6.My Sergei:A Love Story by Ekaterina Gordeeva with E.M.Swift
Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov were the most celebrated pairs skaters of all time.He died at 28,leaving her with their daughter Daria.I thought that their love story was so interesting & since I love reading about real life love story,this book will be a great read for me.They skated together for 14 years before he died of a heart attack.I can’t wait to read about their journey together.:)

7.Lucky Man,A Memoir by Micheal J.Fox
Ah, the man in Back to the Future. I admire how strong Micheal is in fighting & living with the Parkinson disease. This book will give a great insight about how he deals with the disease & living with it.

During the hols I bake apple pies.3 to be exact & had I known it was easy to make, I would have made it long time ago..haha. Maybe I’ll branch out & try baking a pumpkin pie or chocolate..yumm!Here’s the pic the pie that I baked. I bake 1 for Kak Hani, my cousin & 2 for my family.I swear it taste like Mc D’s but atleast I know that I’m using real ingredients..no artificial things in it..haha.



3 comments:

Yaya N said...

I want the apple pie! :D huuhu

Liyana Hanim said...

sgt sedap..xtipu!!ahaha
nanti2 i bake 1 4u aite babe???xoxox

Yaya N said...

really!!!

wahahaha..really waiting for it!