The Adjustment Bureau--an unexpected movie

Thursday, September 15, 2011 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

The boyfriend has been persuading me to watch this movie with him for about a month or so now as he feels that I should really watch it.

It's not that I didn't want to watch it,I do.But from the title of the movie itself,I thought it's going to be one of those complex movies that requires your full concentration,something which I can't do since previously I was busy baking cookie orders or recuperating at home after 5 days of work(cehhhhhh).

Plus,I'll always be going out with him that by the time we get back home,we'll forget all about it.

And one time the boyf was like,I'll put it in your harddisk & then you can watch it when you're free & then----my harddisk malfunctioned & I haven't repaired it yet since.Furthermore(oh lord this is getting long!haha) everytime he download the movie again,one of his siblings will accidentally delete it or thought he has it already & deleted it to make space.haiyaaaa..

SO..FINALLY we managed to watch(well I was watching it for the 1st time as the boyf has watched it before)it tonight after dinner and I have to say that the title was very misleading.For someone who has no knowledge of the movie,I never thought it'd be a movie about love.

By the end of the movie my mind was in full thinking mode about everything on love.

The start of this movie was misleading as well because I was like in my head..'this is a movie about politics after all'..haha.

The movie is about NY congressman named David Norris who's in the running for the US Senate&when he was about to make a speech to rectify a sudden blow to his campaign,he met this lady in the men's bathroom& sparks flew& it made him change the course of his speech.

Fast forward the next day,he met her again while he took a bus. Unbeknownst to him,there's an Adjustment Bureau that is responsible in making sure that everything is in order and that he wasn't suppose to even meet Elise(the name of the girl,played by the lovely Emily Blunt).

The storyline is brilliant,great script,great actors and great pacing.

I won't spoil much of the storyline as I believe you guys should watch the movie and judge it for yourself.

But I can tell you this.The movie made me think about how there's a lot of people out there who aren't able to give their 100% in a relationship but then they expect to get 100% as well.I'm glad my man and I are on the same page about this.

Some people are so used to being single that once they do get involve in a relationship,they find it hard to assimilate and still have this mentality that it's my life,I can do whatever what I want when I want to without actually disregarding the other half's feeling.Being in a relationship is about US not ME.

It also made me think that on the other hand,if you met the right one you will be ultimately able to give 100%.Now I know a lot of you there are skeptical when it comes to the term 'The Right One'--but here me out:

The right one is not someone who's right for EVERYONE.He/she doesn't have to have a specific list of characteristics or physical attributes.But what make that person 'right' is the fact that he/she might not be right for another but is just right for you.In other words,they complete you.

David is the man who was willing to give it all up for a girl--you have to watch the movie to see what he gave up.Might be just a girl to all of us but to him,she's the world.

My very intelligent other half told me,when I told him how this movie was misleading since I never thought it'd be about love:Sayang,what movie doesn't have a love story?Everything is about love.:)

0 comments: