My first beauty swap!

Thursday, October 30, 2014 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments

Unboxing
A few months ago I joined this Facebook group called Be A Beauty Correspondent..thanks to my fellow bloggers who told me about it.The group is very small and private.You have to request in order to be able to join.Basically it's a group of women around the world who loves beauty products and are willing to swap with each other.

How it works is that you find a girl that you'd like to swap with and then you set a budget.In my case,Sin Kent approached me on Facebook and then we set a budget of USD100(RM320 for me)..which excludes shipping.Shipping cost is not included in the swap..so it's up to us to choose the method of shipping. 

Sin Kent and I chatted a lot about what I wanted and about what she wanted in her swap box.Preference etc.She didn't want any makeup and more skincare products.I didn't want any skincare products as I love the ones I'm currently using.haha.

She told me how Canadian post really sucks but I didn't know how much it would suck because she sent my parcel earlier than I did but it took almost 3 months to arrive while hers which I sent from here arrived in 2 weeks?I used POS Malaysia's Flexipack --which is awesome by the way.Sin Kent is actually a Malaysian living in Canada.So it was easy to communicate with her on what she wanted.

These are the list of things that Sin Kent sent to me and also with a bunch of pictures!:))

Beauty stuffs


Amazingggg!


1)Kat Von D tattoo ink eyeliner--the one thing I told her I really wanted hehe
2)Cover Girl 24hr Last Blast mascara--used it once=amazing!
3)Blistex Lip Medex--it comes in a pot& has a minty taste.
4)EOS lipbalm in Honeysuckle--been meaning to try this!Love it :)
5)Physicians Formula Sexy Oohh Lala Eye Trio--cool packaging!
6)Yes To Cucumber Facial Towelletes--I told her I wanted to try this too.
7)Pantene Dry Shampoo--love this!!
8)Vaseline Spray&Go in Aloe Fresh--I loveeee this spray body lotion&it smells amazing.We don't have this type of product here yet though so I'm happy she bought this for me.
9)Milani lip liner in Haute Pink--I've heard about Milani many many times from Youtuber videos.I love the color of this lip liner and can't wait to try it!
10)Wet&Wild Balm Stain in Red-dy or Not--This balm stain is awesome!I love the colour and the texture of the product.I've been wearing this everyday now.Sad that Wet&Wild aren't available here anymore.
11)Wet&Wild Bronzer--I told Sin Kent that I wanted a bronzer and this one is hugeeee.I tried some of it on my face & it's very flattering.I don't like looking pale so I love wearing some bronzer on my face.
12)Sally Hansen Nail Art pen in Neon Pink & (13) Purple--omg..this is awesome because it allows me to do nail art without being messy!
14)Sally Hansen Fast Dry Nail Colour pen in Pink--I love this pen!I colour my nails once a month when I have my menses(other days I don't do so cos I can't pray if that happens!)& this is perfect as I'm veryyy bad at painting my nails.
15)Loreal Liquid Lipstick in pink(can't remember the name of the colour)--I don't think we have this yet in stores and I love it!
16)Asquith&Somerset lemon bodyscrub--this is AMAZING!It makes my skin soooo soft after I use it&Sin Kent told me that it's her favourite.
17)Crabtree&Evelyn handcream in Evelyn Rose--this smells so good and makes my hand so soft!
18)Quo Eyeshadow palette--I love this palette and have used it twice.It's so pigmented & apparently Quo is a famous high end drugstore brand in Canada.
19)Quo lipstick in red--I love the packaging of this lipstick.You click the bottom of it to make the lipstick come out.I love the colour as well!
20)Joe Fresh lipliner in red--this lip liner comes with a lip brush at the other end.Very convenient!
21)Joe Fresh waterproof eyeshadow in Taupe--I love the colour and it glides so smoothly.

Miscellaneous
1)Canadian Maple Syrup--it doesn't taste like the maple syrup we have here which meant that we've been fooled!This is the real deal.:)
2)Polymer Clay Sticks--which she said I can use for nail art/crafts.
3)Teddy Bear key chain--so cuteee.
4)Necklace

Hopefully next year I can do more swaps.I'm currently preparing a secret santa swap with members of the group.Can't wait to buy everything and ship it to my secret santa!In the upcoming blog entries,I will review some of the items I got from this beauty swap.Stay tuned!:)

2 comments:

Azlina said...

what did you send? ;)

Liyana Hanim said...

Azlina:I went over my budget as rm300+ in Malaysia is not much!Plus she's Malaysian(Sin Kent) so she knows what she wanted.I got her Laneige(she specifically wanted this),Natural Source and Etude stuffs.Along with my fave hair products and a real freshwater pearl bracelet.Definitely went over budget!