I Eat Nasi Lemak 2014

Saturday, December 20, 2014 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments


Top Right:Chef Fauzey's Nasi Lemak Goreng.
Bottom Left:Nasi Lemak Kangkung FAM
Last month the fiance and I went to the I Eat Nasi Lemak 2014 event at Menara TM.It was held on 2nd November.We went there in the afternoon,there was ample parking..initially we contemplated whether should we take the LRT instead of driving because we were scared there won't be any parking spot left.But Razin's brother in law went in the morning and said there was plenty of parking space.

Razin and I love nasi lemak..as Malaysians,we grew up eating the delicious dish and I have yet to met a Malaysian who doesn't like nasi lemak.If I could,I would eat it for breakfast,lunch and dinner.So although we were suppose to watch our diet seeing that we're getting married soon(2 more weeks!!)..we decided to throw caution to the wind and went to the event anyway.

Parking was super easy to find when were there.The venue was big as well..but..the lines for the stalls of nasi lemak was confusing.Because Razin and I went in the afternoon,some of the stalls were already closed.We managed to buy four different kinds of nasi lemak.Some were really good and some were bad.



Our favourites were Chef Fauzy's!Some had sambal that was mediocre..some had bad squid(it was sooo stinky).Chef Fauzy's sambal was so yummy and came with fried prawns.

Nasi lemak kangkung FAM

Nasi Lemak Ujang Corner
List of Nasi Lemak that Razin and I tried:

Warung Rindu Pak Ya--tasty but expensive.Two nasi lemak with two fried chicken was...RM14!WTF.

Nasi Lemak Kangkung FAM--I love how they served the nasi lemak with kangkung..something that my late grandma did whenever she cooked nasi lemak for her family(she's from Alor Setar).But their sambal was so-so.

Nasi Lemak Ujang Corner--they had the best sambal ouf of the other nasi lemak we tried.I had their normal sambal while my fiance had their sambal sotong.Sadly,his sambal sotong "stinks".In Malay word it's called "hanyir".So he had to shove the squid aside.

Chef Fauzey Nasi Lemak Kukus--This was my favourite.They actually had fried nasi lemak and served it with fried prawns.High in calories but super tasty!

Overall it was a good event.We got a free goodie bag!But the confusing queue is something that they should fix in the next event.I would definitely advice coming early in the morning and not the afternoon as lots of the vendor sold out.Wish that they'd made more food!haha I hope that they'll continue doing this next year.I'd definitely come!

0 comments: