Riverdale

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

When I first saw the teaser for Riverdale series months back, I was a bit skeptical. Growing up, our home was filled with many many copies of Archie comic books. My mum collects Archie comic books ever since her high school years and still reads them to this day. My brothers and I love reading them!

So, it was a bit of a shock to the system when I watched the first episode on Netflix and realize how totally different the series was compared to the comic books that I grew up reading. But it was visually beautiful, I love the songs, they have a great cast..and I continued watching until last Friday when the season ended.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Here's my rundown of the entire season.

1) I wonder where is Ms Grundy(or whoever her real name was..I couldn't remember) now. She's 100% different than the one in the comic book for sure.

2) Adding diversity to the series, Weatherbee and Pop Tate is African American while Reggie is Asian American.

3) Chuck is somehow a bad guy..when in the comic he's oh so nice.

4) There's no mention of Midge throughout the season...who's suppose to be with Moose. And Moose is also gay in the series.

5)In the comic, Ethel is suppose to be with Jughead. hahahaha

6)I love loveee that Archie ended up with Veronica. As it should be. *flips hair*

7)I know girls loveee Jughead..a brooding guy with a complicated backstory..who wouldn't right? But I'm team Archie..he's so ripped. hahaha I just wish he's not so pale. :P Did you know that KJ Apa (Archie) is from New Zealand? His accent..phewwww. Hawtttt!Watch the video HERE!
8)Did you guys catch that brief appearance by Hot Dog in the finale? I was like..hey..he's not Jughead's pet!

9)I love that the series didn't keep us waiting and revealed who killed Jason Blossom in this season.

10) The scene where Archie break the ice using his bare hands to save Cheryl while Jughead looks on..likes a chump. I have so much issue with that scene. ahahahah (screenshot from Netflix below)

errr Jughead..help your friend!

The kind of guy who would break his hand to save a friend
11) The Coopers are actually the Blossoms? And Betty has an older brother somewhere out there?More mysteries next season for sure!

12)I wonder who's the actor who will play the character Hiram Lodge?

Here's hoping second season would be even better!


0 comments: