Holiday 2017: Bali (Club Med)

Friday, April 07, 2023 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

An oldddd draft post..this was back when I worked at 16TWO (I was there for almost 4 yrs and left shortly after I had Cahaya). I've changed jobs 3 times since then. 😂

Below is my blogpost at the time that I went to Club Med Bali with my colleagues and I haven't been back there since 2017!



In April 2017, my company sent me along with three other colleagues to Club Med Bali for a 4 days holiday.

It was my first time staying at Club Med but third time going to Bali. Club Med was situated in Nusa Dua, where there's a lot of expats and 5-star resorts. It was different than Seminyak/Kuta/Ubud(which I've stayed at before) because it was very quiet and spotless..when our driver wanted to enter Nusa Dua, the guards will stop him and open his van to check if there's any thing that's dangerous. I guess this is a precaution because of the Bali bombing.

I had a great time in Bali as always, but it was pretty scary taking Uber as in Bali, competition is fierce between them and cab drivers, that we have to do it discreetly if we want to take an Uber.

One time, I went to a nearby mall and two different Uber drivers cancelled on me as they didn't dare to pick me up there as there were a number of cab drivers nearby.I had to walk quite far from the mall entrance for the Uber to be able to pick me up without the cab drivers around.

He even showed me pictures of Uber drivers being beat up by cab drivers in Bali and they even ruined a car of his friend. It's crazy!

Ok now back to my experience at Club Med Bali.

I think we were the only 4 Malaysians there. Everybody is an expat.

One of the best thing about Club Med is that everything is inclusive. Meaning, there's free flow of drinks and food! So you can eat or drink anything. They serve 5 meals in a day. Breakfast (buffet), late breakfast (ala carte), lunch (buffet), late lunch (ala carte), dinner (buffet) and supper (ala carte).
Their buffet spread is amazing..one of the best I've had.





Oh, I've been to Bali thrice and I've had food poisoning two times. Once during our honeymoon in Ubud (my husband was fine..it was just me!) and another at Club Med Bali itself. We didn't eat outside at all and all my meals were from Club Med! I guessed it must have been the mocktails that I drank..

Bali water is untreated so always drink bottled water or hot drinks. Luckily, there's a dispensary inside Club Med and I was able to buy my meds there. But it was no fun having food poisoning and my husband wasn't around to comfort me. It was mild food poisoning so I was able to go home feeling okay.

At Club Med, the watersports facilities are free!So I managed to kayak with my colleague Jules..she managed to convince me to go to the middle of the sea..something that I've never done because I can't swim. haha. I saw sea urchins when we were kayaking and I told the instructor who taught the girls how to wind sail..and he said he will get it for me so I can eat it fresh. But alas, when he open one, it was empty!

I think Club Med is perfect for families as they have a lot of activities for kids. We basically just stayed at Club Med but we did venture out for a spa treatment nearby.

And of course, one day was reserved for shopping-- buying souvenirs and also food items ( I love their Carrefour!!).






0 comments: