Half-a-day at the Syariah Court

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

Last Thursday morning I woke up super early thanks to my mum who woke me up at 5.50 am!It’s because me & my mum had to go to Bandar Baru Bangi to my aunt & cousin’s house. I spent half a day at the Syariah Court with my mum,my aunts & my cousins because we were there to support my aunt and her divorce proceeding .

Before my aunt’s case, there were around 4 other cases and it was very shocking because their dirty laundry is being told to others in the court to hear. One of them made me sick to my stomach because the husband with such an innocent looking face, texted to his wife that he wanted a divorce but he claims that he was too drunk with his friends to realize what he texted her.Yes, a husband who drinks & he’s a Muslim.hurmph.

Oh,funny thing is,the judge pointed out that how could he texted a clear and concise sentence and claimed that he didn’t realize what he was doing or in his own words, ‘tidak sedar’.A bunch of BS!

There was one case whereby one of my cousins wanted to whack the head of the husband because he didn’t now know why he came to court & couldn’t answer the questions from the judge.So the judge asked him to leave the court and come back when he has figured out why he came with his ex-wife in the first place.Turns out afterward after the dude managed to get his bearings or maybe drank a cup of coffee to wake him up,they were there to get back together or in Malay term ‘rujuk’.

To cut it short,my aunt was represented by a lawyer from my uncle’s law firm in KL. He has 2 law firms,1 in KL & 1 in Kuah,Langkawi. The lawyer’s name can’t be put here but he is very handsome & a prominent Syariah lawyer.The case went well.Lawyers from both parties defended their clients and I’ve to say my aunt’s lawyer is waay better than the other one.hahaah.

Although the family came very early but had to wait until about 11 something and I realized that I just spend half a day at the Syariah Court of all places.haha.

0 comments: