TV shows that I can't wait for its season renewal

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments

I’m sorry but I think Gossip Girl has sort of pale in comparison to other tv shows out there now. It’s sad but it’s the truth. Like a sort of old article on Popsugar which listed tv series that successfully made its transition from high school to college,at that time they were undecided over the fate of GG but now,after the first half of the 3rd season,I’ve to say, Gossip Girl sort of failed to do so.

The series didn’t show what college life is all about unlike what Gilmore Girls, Dawson’s Creek,and even the old Beverly Hills 90210 successfully managed to do.Remember Rory’s awkward phase in adapting to college life in season 4 &5? Gossip Girls again and again focuses on the scandals and whatnot which in truth is boring me. The reason why I even watch the show at times now is just because of Chuck and Blair.If they break up,I’ll probably stop watching the tv show altogether.

Now on to the list of tv shows which I’m super excited to be renewed next year.

1.90210

This series really surprised me.I didn’t really like it or even wanted to watch it during its first season.Particularly because the character Annie is super annoying and painful to watch,not to mention very anorexic-looking (a plus for Gossip Girl girls for being healthy—Blake Lively & Leighton—duh!) which made them being scrutinized by the media in the States.Thus,their weight issues got more press than the show which did not sit well with me since it meant that it wasn’t that good.

BUT,the 2nd half of the 1st season got better.With the addition of characters like Teddy and Liam.Plus,my favourite character in the show has got to be Navid,Naomi & Adrianna—both girls has got to be the most gorgeous actresses on tv nowadays next to Sarah Walker(from CHUCK) & Blair Waldorf.I also loved the villainess who’s Jen,Naomi’s big sister.

The first episode of the 2nd season sold me with Navid’s showing off his Lamborghini and the 3 girls—Naomi,Ade & Silver colourful shades & outfits.Oooh,I have to say I’m currently in love with the fashion on 90210 more than in Gossip Girl because each of the girls has great individual style.Naomi is sexy and totally stylish.Silver is more rock/vintage while Ade is totally channelling old Hollywood & looks amazing everytime.

Annie was going into a downward spiral in season 2 which is really fun to watch..And really,Jasper???Like what the heck & she loses her virginity to him?EWWW..ahaha.At the end of the first half of the 2nd season,Naomi & Liam got back together which really excites me although I did like Jamie with Naomi as well.

Dixon used a dirty tactic to woo Silver back which angered me because duh---he broke up with HER and then manipulated his way back to her by backstabbing his own friend Teddy who has genuine feelings for her!argggh.Annie is in big trouble with Jasper—like we didn’t see that coming?

I wonder if Navid & Ade will get back together?I really like them together!Can’t wait for the 2nd part of the 2nd season!

Some of my fave Naomi quotes among many:

Season 2 episode 7:
Naomi: I can't be distracted by rock-hard abs and thighs that have driven countries to war.
Adrianna: What country has ever been driven to war over thighs?

Season 2 episode 11:
Naomi: Did you see that shirt Ivy is wearing? I wouldn't use that shirt as a rag to scrub my own bathtub.

2.CHUCK




Ah Chuck...I remembered watching the 1st season and remembered how ‘green’ he was with the whole CIA thing.In 2nd season things got waaay better.Jeffster antics made me laugh so many times during the whole 2nd season.Emmet also brought some dysfunctional color into the show.

One of my favourite episode was when Chuck & Sarah played house in the suburbs,when she made him breakfast & the line that she said to him made me go awwww.I so want to do that to my boyfriend too..hehe.The whole FULCRUM & Orion thing was really awesome as was Mr.Awesome—isn’t he THE perfect fiancé/boyfriend/husband ever?


There were many celebs guest starring in the 2nd season, proving it’s popularity like Nicole Richie and Jordana Brewster. The brief appearance of Agent Cole in a few episodes spiced things up too.And I could not believe how totally similar Chuck & his dad looked & that they could find an actor who looked exactly like his own father in real life could be.


I have got to admit that although he appeared only once or twice & that he died in the finale(sorry for the spoiler!!!),I think Bryce Larkin is mighty FINE...Ooooh he is super HOT!The end of the finale was AWESOME(I’m totally being influenced by how many times the word awesome is used in Chuck) since Chuck got some new moves--kungfu!!Can’t wait what more of his newfound intersect talents will bring in the 3rd season.

All I can say is that Chuck is getting better and better.I hope that Morgan won’t totally go away(he’s going to Hawaii with Anna to become a benihana chef) next season since he’s very funny and I hope Jeffster will still be there too!But then again,Chuck doesn’t work at Buy More anymore so...sigh..Waiting for the 3rd season is pure torture!

3. GLEE

Ah, the show that totally surprised me. Since I blogged about it a few weeks ago,I’ll make it short for this one.


I can’t wait what songs the cast will sing for the 2nd half of the 1st season. What Sue will do to Will when she gets back from being suspended? What will happen between Will & Emma? What will happen to Finn? Will Rachel stop being annoying? Will somebody stop Quinn from singing solo cos’ I don’t like her voice at all!?!Only time will tell!

4. GREY’S ANATOMY
I’ve also blog quite lengthy about this series a few weeks ago so I’ll refrain from saying much here.All I hope is that Izzy won’t leave the show & that although I know this is mean,I hope something happens between Christina & Avery because he is HOT!!!Sorry Owen!

2 comments:

my vote for 90210! LIAM!!! :)

Liyana Hanim said...

KAN?????????
liam is so hot!
i sgt ske die & naomi!!!!
loves!!!