May 2013 in lots of pictures

Thursday, May 23, 2013 Liyana Hanim 1 Comments

I haven't update much about what I did this month.I guess because I'm active on Twitter and Instagram that at times I tend to neglect this blog.So this post will be filled with pictures and what I did in the recent weeks!:)

GE 2013
My mum and dad!
So the event that makes Malaysians get all riled up/patriotic/acts like hooligans/name calling/bringing out the worst in some people and the list goes on--the General Election!It was my first time voting with my brother as well.It was great to be a part of something important.

I voted in Shah Alam!
But I have to say that it was sad when I see people lambasting each other online and using derogatory remarks towards people who are merely choosing to be loyal to the party that they want.And when the results came out,of course there will be winners and losers..even in any sports competition..but you can't say all of the results was doctored when winners came from various parties.Don't be such sore losers.:)

Dinner,dates,love :)

I see my boyfriend every week..more like every day or every other day.haha.But I'm not one who text or call my boyfriend all the time..he doesn't even have whatsapp.But we see each other often.:)

In May we went out to eat a lot,babysit his niece a lot too,watched movies/tv series..It's basically what we do all the time..simple little things but full of love :P
Some of the movies we've watched in May were Oblivion,Star Trek Into Darkness,Comme Un Chef,Mama(yes the old horror one haha) and Identity(this is an old one&Razin have watched it but he wanted me to watch it).
In the car with his niece!
Had dinner at Homst with the boyfriend and his sister,brother in law and their precious baby girl,Qarla!Haven't eaten there in a few months and I miss their awesome butter prawns.Had siakap sweet and sour,stir fried baby kailan,pandan chicken and the butter prawns(I've been to like 5-6 different restaurants for their butter prawns and this is still the best out there!).
Qarla being cheeky at Homst with her mummy

Yummy food!!
Went to my fave place to buy groceries--Jaya Grocer Warehouse with the boyfriend and we finally got the hot dog from Bonjour Bakery which was next to it.Previously when we went with his siblings,they were out of it.It was good!The bun was clearly baked by them and it was huge!There was relish as well..and chopped onions which I love.
Hot dog!
Had dinner at Sushi King(our usual go to spot hahaha) and I saw an old couple having their dinner there..so sweet.I told Razin when we're old,let's still be cute like that .haha I snapped a pic of them from a distance.:P
Yummy!

Awwwww
I was sick one day and didn't go to work..was down with fever.My guy surprised me and came with food!Eventhough I lived with my family,he still wanted to make sure I was taken care off..haha Haven't had bubur mcd in AGES!
My sweet sweet guy..:)
We went out to buy stuffs for his project and I wanted to eat goreng pisang/keropok lekor.We bought various Malaysian tea time treats from two stalls..one sold fried sukun/breadfruit which I haven't had in years!

Top:Sukun/breadfruit.
Bottom:Goreng pisang/banana fritters and keropok lekor
Beauty,buys and splurges

I'm a beauty junkie..I love trying new beauty products but the moment new ones that are better than the previous ones,I'll leave the old one behind and never finish using them.hahaha

Bought 3 beauty products--a new concealer from Revlon because I've acne scars thanks to my recent hormone spikes/stress=pimples!,a new mascara from Maybelline which gives my lash crazy lengths and also a hand cream which have been voted the best hand cream by Instyle.

New concealer
The best hand cream!
This mascara made
my lashes super long.
2 weeks ago I was freaking out over pimples popping up on my face.So I steamed my face over a bowl of fresh mint leaves and lemon peels.It clears your pores and very relaxing.Basically you just put your face over the bowl while creating a tent over your head using a towel so the steam won't go away.


I tend to wear black liquid eyeliner everyday and no eyeshadow whatsoever.But recently I saw THIS on The Beauty Department and wanted to try the look.It was different but pretty.But I won't wear it on a daily basis.Maybe for a fun weekend out.haha 2 pictures below showed how I always wear liquid black eyeliner and the last one was the new look that I tried!
Red hair!

Teal liner
I wear stud earrings all the time..I prefer simple and light ones instead of elaborate heavy ones.But I tend to lose them after a few weeks.So luckily I found this set below at F21.I saw my big earrings for special occasions.
Studs!
It's hard to find bags that are not that expensive,not small and pretty as well.I need a new bag to replace my old one from Charles and Keith.So luckily ALDO was having buy 2 for the price of 1 deal and I grabbed these bags below.The striped one is being sold on ASOS and I got it for much cheaper here.Hopefully I won't buy any bags until the end of Raya.:P

New bags!
 Food!
Perfect cheesecake with raspberry

Had this cheesecake from Komugi for this week.Last week I went there 3 times to buy my lunch and this week I managed to go only once..I've spend too much money there.haha.I love the raspberry on top of the cake.I love fresh fruits on cakes..especially berries!
Add caption


Razin and I bought this dry fruits snack for babies for his niece Qarla while he visit her one day at her house during the weekend.She can't stop eating it and I love it too.The whole pack was under 100 calories and were tasty!
Keria


I love kuih keria.It looks like a doughnut but is made out of mashed sweet potato mixed with flour and drenched in sugar syrup.So decadently good.haha Had it for breakfast..one of my fave breakfast food but I know it's not good for me.
Caramel mousse cake


I love the cake above from Bonjour Bakery at Bukit Jelutong.I've eaten it twice.yummmm The caramel is just right..not too sweet or bitter.
Garlic aioli

I made roasted garlic aoili a few weeks back because I remembered the delicious aioli I tasted at La Bodega a few weeks ago.It was so easy.Wrap a head of garlic in foil,roast for a few minutes until it is soft.Take it out and just push the garlic cloves..the inside will come out easily.Mash it and mix with some mayo.Lovely as a dip with potato wedges or vegetable sticks!
Sambal petai by mama

My mum loves making sambal petai because she loves petai and so do I.I brought these to the office for my packed lunch and luckily I carry a small bottle of Listerine in my purse all the time to avoid bad breath situations.Petai is very good for one's health though it's quite stinky.

Ketam masak lemak nanas
and ikan belah belakang



Mama also made two of my other favorite Malay dishes..ketam masak lemak nanas(crab with pineapples cooked in coconut broth) and ikan belah belakang(stuffed fried fish).Ikan belah belakang is a recipe passed down from my late grandmother who always makes them for me back when my family lived with them when I was little.It's one of my utmost favorite dishes and mama usually makes 2 fish for me to eat.:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing