Trying to eat healthy

Friday, May 31, 2013 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

Trying to eat healthy is easier said than done.This is due to the fact that fresh produce aren't that cheap here.Plus,Malaysians tend to eat out more than cook at home.I love to cook but I don't get to do it so often.Maybe a few times in a month at best.Thus,trying to find a healthier and tasty option outside,that isn't expensive can be quite a pickle sometimes too.

Groceries!
I've been trying to eat healthier.Eliminating fast food..slowly.I've to admit that I only lost like 3kgs within 2 months which is actually little to me. And that is with a few exercises in a week(pilates/Jillian Micheals yoga meltdown/brisk walking).I've lost a lot more in previous years.This is due to the fact that I eat fast food once a week and sometimes I gotta admit,twice a week.Because fast food is quick and it saves time.
Made this smoked turkey breast wrap
But excuses are just that,excuses.If you want to have better health,you gotta make better choices in terms of what you put into your mouth which is a constant struggle everyday especially with the abundance of deliciously sinful food being sold everywhere.Exercise too but let's face it,when you finish work,all you want to do is eat and then sleep.
Greek yogurt with stewed strawberries
(no sugar only lemon juice+ maple syrup)
I'm trying to follow the simple healthy rules that I used to do years back--for example:Cut out sugary drinks(gong cha/iced tea etc),don't eat late at night,drink a lot of water,eat more fruits and vegetable.I hope that I'm slowly getting back on a healthier track.Gotta work on my fitness though.That I'm still lazy with.hahaha.

0 comments: