Eat this,Not that

Saturday, November 08, 2008 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments


Let's face it,most of us rarely have the time to cook.I have to confess that I rarely cook on the weekdays.I eat out with my friends all the time.And I eat fast food once or twice,sometimes more that that,in a month.And a lot of people eat fast food because it's easily available and,yeah it's pretty fast.But what really goes into the food?After I saw the book above,on Rachael Ray,I really really want to have that book!I've search on MPH but the book is not available there..damn!
I was really interested because the book opened up the can of worms that a lot of fast food outlet have been hiding from it's consumers.And after searching on the net on articles on the book,it was great reading up on the 'hidden' secrets of a lot of the fast food chains.And how A LOT of them hide the nutritional value of their food.This is worrying because some of the food that a lot of people around the world eat on a daily or weekly basis,contains an enormous amount of calories and fat that exceeds their daily intake.
You could be eating a meal today,that is suppose to sustain your nutritional needs for 3 days and not even know about it!No wonder obesity is becoming a very big issue nowadays.Lack of knowledge on what we put in our body,food-wise, may be detrimental to our health in the future.You may scoff and say,so what?But who knows,3 or 4 years down the road it could lead to serious health issues!
For more information,read this great articles :

0 comments: