What songs are you listening to now?

Thursday, July 21, 2011 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments

I do listen to a lot of different songs..I don't have a particular specific genre of music that I am very much into..I listen to whatever I love and the range is wide..I have this same musical connection with the boyfriend though his interest are farrrrr more diverse than mine.

Here are some of the songs that I love currently and are listening to quite often,especially when I drive back and forth from work.

1.Friday Nights by Lily Allen

This song is pretty old but I just love the cool vibe and especially the "don't mess with me b&%$h" lyric..i.e from the song:Look me up and down,I don't make a sound..There's a lesson that I want you to learn,If you're gonna play with fire then you're gonna get burned..

2.C'mon by Panic! at the disco & Fun


Was introduced to this song by Razin's lil brother Raidi and him.I love the super happy vibe of the song and of course the mash up of their beautiful voices.Particularly love the melody around 2.22 onwards,if I'm not mistaken.

"C’mon, c’mon, with everything falling down around me
I’d like to believe in all the possibilities"


3.Young Love by Mystery Jets feat Laura Marling



I love the old fashioned sound of the song.Laura Marling to me,sounded like when Scarlett Johannson sing.I really love her part!I find the lyric to be really cute as well..oh to be young and in love(I am in love,but I am not really young anymore am I?hahah)..

"if i only knew your name i'd go from door to door,
searching all the crowded streets for the face that i once saw,
if i only knew your name i'd go from door to door,
tell em have you seen the girl i met just once before"

4. The stupid things by Robin Thicke

A very sweet song sang by the man with the silky smooth sexy voice,Robin Thicke.Though when the boyfriend sang it to me,it was enough to make me melt..:P

"All the stupid things I do have absolutely no reflection on
How I feel about you"

5.When will my life begin by Mandy Moore


This song is from one of my fave current disney movie.It is so cheerful and upbeat and always put a smile on my face especially when I listen to it in the morning..:)

6.Ready to go by Panic! at the disco


I love the video for this song!Especially Brendon Urie cool dance moves..hahaha.

7.Back to Black by Santana(Naya Rivera) from GLEE!


A super sexier version of the song by Santana from Glee & dare I say, a better one at that?

8.Faith(when I let you down) by Taking Back Sunday


Listened to this song because the boyfriend keep singing it to himself and this video is pretty funny..watch it!hahaha

9.Go your own way by GLEE! cast



I love this female version of the song by Rachel from Glee as previously it was sung by Fleetwood Mac.The song was inspired by THIS incident happening in the band.

10.Don't you remember by Adele

A very sad and beautiful song.I love love her voice!

11.F&%* you by Lily Allen


This is a great song when you're angry with anything that's related to your work,life and etc.hahaha.Because she sang those expletives in such a cheery and cute way.I like imagining the faces of the people that I dislike while singing this song in the car..*evil laugh*



2 comments:

Fazrina tesl said...

i love lily allen's songs too!kinda cool they way dia express feelings!

Liyana Hanim said...

yes&some of her songs r funny..haha.her voice is cool as well