The recent election results

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments

The recent election results was a dissapointment.Never in so many years has BN suffered such a big and gargantuan loss.But like my father said,"Things has happened.Move on".A lot of things contributed to BN losses but most importantly,it is sign that people are tired with Malaysia being lead by a,dare I say, a weak leader.I miss the days when Dr.Mahathir reigns supreme.He was the best prime minister Malaysia has ever seen and had.But I am glad that atleast Mukhriz won.Somehow,maybe the legacy will continue.

On the other hand, I can't wait to see what the opposition will bring to the table.After all, with all their promises during campaigning to win,they have to make it a reality or otherwise,they will lose in the next election.Like what their banners and posters said that were everywhere in my beloved hometown,Shah Alam.Promises of lowering the price of oil(which is ridiculous since US controls the pricing,but whatever),lowering the price of goods(again,blasphemous,but whatever) and abolishing tol booths(wonder if this will actually happen...).I hope that the people have made the right choice because remember,we have to live with these people running our country for the next 4/5 years.I wish I could vote but yeah,I have to wait for another 4/5 years too.To BN buckle up and try to do a better job and learn from this monumental loss.

0 comments: