127 hours

Friday, March 18, 2011 Liyana Hanim 0 Comments



I am a very squeamish person.The reason why I manage to watch Grey's Anatomy for 7 consecutive seasons, even when there was major surgery involve, was because I knew those patients were under anesthesia so they didn't experience any pain.

Thus,whenever I watch movies or series whereby the characters are under pain because of accidents or involving sharp objects of any kind & involve lots of blood gushing out..I would shield my eyes from seeing it.

I remembered back when I watched Sweeney Todd,even then I was squeamish due to the victims being slashed at the neck & turned into pies.eeeeekkkk!

So,although I got this movie from the boyf weeks ago,I finally got the courage to watch it today,though I have to admit that I fast forwarded the gory bits and watch it just for a few seconds.James Franco makes a very believable in-absolute-pain-guy(duh,he was nominated for an Oscar for it!)!

This movie is named 127 hours because it's the number of hours that Aron was stuck between the canyon when a rock falls onto him.He wrote a book titled 'Between a rock and a hard place' to culminate his experience being trapped at Blue John Canyon in Utah and about his life-
-how he left engineering for outdoor activities.
After I've finish watching the movie,I have to admit that although it was a very hard scene to watch,(SPOILER ALERT!) when Aron had to cut his own arm using a BLUNT knife..it was a very smart decision to do!But it has got to be one of the most scariest and hardest decision you have to make in those kinds of circumstance.

I say it was the smartest decision because after Aron was saved,it took 13 MEN to remove the rock/boulder that trapped him in order to remove his arm that was left there after he cut it.

I can't imagine how it felt like having to keep yourself from giving up and staying sane and deciding that you know what,I have to cut my arm in order to get out of here!That is just plain crazy & inspiring at the same time.

This is a great movie and a great true story.

Never ever go somewhere without informing anyone your whereabouts first(something I learned from the movie)

0 comments: