Pineapple fried rice

Saturday, March 05, 2011 Liyana Hanim 1 Comments

I love eating pineapple fried rice.But I have never attempted in making it on my own.Until last night that is when I came back from work and saw so many pineapples in the kitchen!My dad's friends has his own orchard and he gave us lots of it.So since I just came back from work and was hungry,I made my favorite fried rice dish,pineapple fried rice.

Ingredients(sorry but when I cook I don't really measure)

3 cloves of garlic
1 shallot
A handful of dry anchovy
3-4 bird's eye chilli
1 egg beaten
Chopped fresh pineapple
Golden raisins
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Soy sauce

I pounded the garlic,shallot,dry anchovies & bird's eye chilli using the pestle & mortar(lesung batu in Malay) because to me it imparts a better flavor than using a blender.

I heated up some extra virgin olive oil in the pan,since there was a lot of the oil lying around(it's good for your health,complexion & hair!!).Put in the pounded mixture & add in the chopped fresh pineapples along with some golden raisins(what's pineapple fried rice without golden raisins?).

Add the rice & 1 beaten egg.Season with a bit of salt and Kikkoman soy sauce.Ready to eat!

Oh you can add chicken or seafood if you want but since I can't eat both(though I indulge sometimes & bear the consequences),I omit them. BTW,the seafood that I can eat is fish & crabs--other than that like squid or cockles,clams,oysters,prawns will create an allergic reaction!!:((


*I miss the dude below..:((*

1 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Hmm, yum, pineapple rice!