Dress me up!

Thursday, April 07, 2011 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments

Growing up,I was not one of those girly girls who always look neat and put together.I was a tomboy who lived in her black Converse Weapon kicks and a pair of baggy Levi jeans and get this—I had super short hair!

Not a good look then, as I can’t even imagine myself without my long hair now..haha..Ooh,my deareast boyfriend begs me for the pics back when I was fat(still a bit fatty now but back then I was bigger!!) & had short hair but he’s never gonna take a look at any of it!:P

Maybe when I was a little girl,I did wore a lot of dresses cos’ my mum & my late grandpa bought me those frilly dresses to wear for birthdays or Raya,but during my teen years I was pretty much a tomboy.

Only when I finish highschool did I get in touch with my more feminine side & started wearing skirt and dresses.

Below is a collage of some pictures of me in dresses..


I love wearing dresses and can’t stop buying them because:

1)They make you feel pretty and put together and like Barney said in HIMYM :

Barney: I'm sorry, I'll let you work.. But first a riddle; What piece of woman's attire, most stokes a man's desire?

Ted: A sundress.

Barney: Correct! What light weight outfit, pink or white, makes the front of my slacks abnormally tight?

Ted: I really have to get this done.

Barney: Of course, of course. Sundress, by the way.

There are somedays where I don’t feel pretty & gross but when I put on a dress,it does brighten up my mood and makes me feel better.

2) Most of them don’t require ironing.

Here’s a thing,I actually pretty much don’t iron my clothes most of them time.A lot of my clothes are hung in the closet after being washed so they don’t wrinkle or most of my clothes are made out of wrinkle free material..haha.So I love the fact that I can throw on a dress and go!

3) They look flattering on me.

I have an hourglass figure(small waist,big hips..believe it or not,my waist is only 26 inch but my hips is wayyy bigger than that!) and most of the things I wear have to accentuate at the waist or else I’ll look ‘lost’ in it or look like a sack.

Somedays I do not care and end up looking like a sack,but it’s better when people can actually see that hey,I do have a figure you know!:P Thus,that’s one of the reason why I love wearing dresses because it makes me look good..atleast I think so..and my boyfriend too...ahaha.

4)They come in so many patterns and designs,it’s hard not to buy them!

My wardrobe consists of almost 70%-80% dresses.There are so many pretty dresses out there that it is so hard to not want to buy any of them.Mostly because they are affordable,though some of them can be pretty expensive but hey,if you have the money,go ahead!

Some of my dream dresses are those from Marchesa,Alberta Ferretti,Luisa Beccaria,and Milly.


Milly
Luisa Beccaria


Marchesa


Alberta Ferretti



2 comments:

safurara said...

heheheh so suweeet...now more gurlish la. mst boyfie lagik tmabah syg kan. =)

Liyana Hanim said...

hahah thanks rara sbb komen sini!:)

oh tapikn,dia pernah tanye i..'syg,u xde tshirt ke'??-___-

i pakai je tshirt & ade byk jugak..tp xselalu..:P