Practicum & The Sims 3!!!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 Liyana Hanim 9 Comments

The list of schools for practicum was out a few days ago & I was alerted minutes after the post was posted on tesl blog...hehe.A lot of things was going on inside of me...the pounding of my heart was defeaning...hahaha.I scroll down the list and there was my name listed for a school in the Klang Valley(I won't mention which school cos' who knows if my potential students will read this blog... kantoi la nanti..haha).

I was relieved & excitedly told my mum who was sitting next to me by the couch & she told me that I should just stay in at home next semester instead of my grandma's house(like I usually do each sem).Some of my friends were shocked by the schools that they got...Some of their reactions was hilarious(u know who u r!!Lols)but what to do right?We can't exchange it anyway..huhu.


But my school is just 15 mins from my grandma's house,so it's a no brainer right?huhu.I googled the school & gulped because they are quite well-known.Plus,they have exciting events going on at the school like Dinner Gala,Cheerleading & whatnot...huhu.Double gulp.:)I've actually started thinking of how will I make the lesson fun and interesting & at the same time making it relatable and current.
I'm going to start saving newspaper & magazine clippings for the lesson plans...I wonder if I can incorporate InStyle magazine into my lesson....Kidding!hehe.I'll guess I've to use teen mags so that it'll interest them.I'm actually excited & nervous at the same time.huhu.My parents wanted to bring me to the school maybe sometime this week so that I won't get lost during the first day..huhu.Can't wait!


Oh,I'm hooked on the new Sim game,The Sims 3...Yes,finally got my hands on it & it wasn't hard to install & it's different than Sims 2 with some similarities.I'm glad that the old cheat still works so I was able to buy a cool car(yes they sell cars!!).But I wasn't loving the graphic as much.I prefer the graphic in Sims 2 because it was prettier & softer.hehe.Be warned though,once you get the hang of the game,you'll be hooked for hours in front of your laptop.Like I did!hehe.


What I love about Sims 3

*Easier to get job promotion--I alternate from Power Work to Suck up to boss,to Taking it easy...you'll get it what I mean once you play it a few times!

*The personality traits...super cool cos' you get to really customize your sim.

*Get to buy cars instead of previous Sim2 you had to install Nightlife.

*The cool places to go & the many beaches!!wooot..lolsss

*You get to own shops in the town!I now own the grocery store & change the name to my sim..haha.


What I don't love about Sims 3

*How tedious it is to transfer ingredients from the inventory into the fridge & how you've to buy EACH ingredient for a recipe...aiyaaa...In Sims 2 we just buy groceries in bulk & that was it.But this time..even eggs is sold indv...sheessh!

*The slow time pace..even when I click the fastest one,it was still pretty slow!

*The graphics made the characters looked UGLY!haha.Their face & body looked so weird to me...Too big somehow.

*The outfits are boring!BUT you get to download items through the net.So sign up now!!

9 comments:

Hanna said...

hehe..aku pon da g tgk skola juge...hehe

Liyana Hanim said...

congrats babe!!!hehe
boys school tuh..kepingin aq nk gi melwt ko...LOLSS

acad said...

I had said this to everyone and I will say it to you...

korang nervous..
kitorg excited!!!

siap tgk jugak kowt list tu kt dr izaham nyer blog..!

anywayssssss...good luck weyh!!!
jgn berskandal ngn students!
ahahaha
:D

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/

babe,

nak join as contributing writer?

jom!

http://thegurusaga.blogspot.com/