Tea with the girls

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 Liyana Hanim 4 Comments




For tea with the girls last Sunday,I baked a scrumptious lasagna(with 8 layers..yes 8..It was a very very rich lasagna!) & a chocolate meringue pie.The lasagna of course was a success & they couldn’t stop eating it(I baked my first lasagna when I was 15 years old so I’ve perfected it many times)...hehehe.I’m uber glad that Napisah enjoyed it because like she said,the one at PizzaHut was bad.The chocolate meringue pie was a first attempt by me & it definitely need to be served cold & not straight out of the oven because the crust sort of leaked(cos’ I think I put too much butter in the crust).

The pie was very chocolaty & decadent and had 3 layers.The crust was a mixture of crushed milk chocolate digestive cookies + melted butter. The 2nd layer was thick chocolate custard made using Cadbury Bourneville(sorry if I'm spelling it wrong!) Dark Chocolate. Lastly, a layer of meringue. The recipe is in the Baking & Chocolate book at my parent’s house thus,I can’t put it here now.The lasagna recipe is embedded in my head but since this is not a cooking blog,I’ll put up the recipe if people requested for it.:)

I also served a huge platter of durian that I bought in the morning with a pot of delicious strawberry tea.
p/s:I want the new Martha Stewart cookies cookbook!!!!!

4 comments:

pie and lasagna!yaysss!!. u r baking a lot these days:)(judging from your constant posting on cakes and co). keep baking n posting 'em! (n_n)/

Hanna said...

many2 thanx to you...
we had fun!

Liyana Hanim said...

jessica!!!waduh sudah lama ngak ketemu..hehehee...hows ur students??sudah ade yg jatuh hati kat u x??

actually,i mmg ske bake & cook tp i don't blog about it much but now i'm gonna...
pies..& more pies!I guess tat's y i used to love watching Pushing Daisies...:P

Liyana Hanim said...

hanna...ur very welcome!!xoxoxo
*burp* bau durian...hahaha