Moist yellow cake!

Sunday, October 31, 2010 Liyana Hanim 2 Comments

Today I felt like baking a cake & I have not done so in such a long time..Particularly because baking a cake is not an easy thing to do unlike baking cookies or brownies..It takes many steps and preparation in order to achieve the perfect end product.

Being the perfectionist that I am when it comes to baking or cooking,I had to find the right recipe for a yellow cake that I wanted to bake.It has to be moist and has been baked by others before with good reviews.

Just like the chocolate chip cookies I baked that my family and friends love,it took me about 3 or was it 4 recipes before I found the correct & perfect one.

Thus,I was over the moon when THIS recipe for a moist yellow cake turns out beautifully.It was moist & just so yummy!I had to bake it in a square pan instead of round ones because my mama had thrown them away since it has rusted(yep,like I said,I haven't bake a cake in a looong time!).

My advice,follow all the steps.Like alternating the flour with milk while mixing--start with flour,milk and repeat the steps until you end with flour.And wrapping the cake in saran wrap after it has cooled in the pan in order to lock in the moisture.I even bought a spray thingy to spray the sugar water on the cakes while assembling them.

Below are pictures of the whole process.:)






2 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Yum! Looks lovely. We had roast lamb, carrots with dijon mustard, spinach with garlic, and Yorkshire pudding yesterday. Don't think I'll move for 2 days...

Liyana Hanim said...

tastes lovely too!:)
wow i always want to make yorkshire pudding cos i saw how it puffs up in the oven when jamie makes em..