Book Review:Sweet Little Lies.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 Liyana Hanim 1 Comments



Come on,just admit it..I’m sure everyone of us at some point of our lives have watched reality tv shows right?I admit that back in the past when I had lots of free time on my hands,I watched a heck load of reality tv from Survivor,Amazing Race,The Apprentice,Laguna Beach,The Hills,The Mole,ANTM,and many many more.

Which brings me to the topic of someone who become famous because of it—Lauren Conrad.She has come a long way from being featured on MTV in high school through Laguna Beach and then The Hills.Now she has her own fashion line,2 books under her name,and many endorsements and magazine covers.

The 2 books that she has supposedly written(because I think she had a collaborator working with her to write it) has become quite the best seller.Although it’s not exactly on the same stage as Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy(which by the way although really long,is a great great read although the name of the characters can be very confusing & a mouthful being they’re RUSSIANS), is actually quite enjoyable.

The 2 books that Conrad wrote are titled L.A Candy & Sweet Little Lies.I read both books in just 2 days.It doesn’t require much brain power because it’s basically like you’re in a reality show.I’ve explained about the book L.A Candy in one of my posts so I’ll touch a bit on Sweet Little Lies here.

After I finished reading Sweet Little Lies I came up with the conclusion on why Lauren Conrad decided to dropped out from The Hills for it’s 5th season.It’s not really a ‘reality’.Read this book to get all the inside scoop on what a ‘reality show’ truly is.

As I’m reading the book,I can’t help but feel that some of the characters are actually based on people that’s in Lauren’s real life.For example,the character Jesse is so her ex,Jason Wahler in real life!He has a horrible drinking problem and has been in and out of rehab many times and is such a player.Jane is also like,duh,totally Lauren Conrad(pardon the bimbo slang in this particular sentence..:P).

Madison reminds me of Heidi Montag.Hannah is soo Whitney Port.Caleb is probably Stephen Coletti.Fiona Chen soo reminds me of that West Coast Editor of Teen Vogue that Lauren worked with.ahaha.So,although Lauren’s book won’t win a Pulitzer prize anytime soon,it’s a great light read for you to take your mind off from the ‘real’ world..pardon the pun!:P

1 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

I have never been bored enough to watch reality tv. Seeing the ads was bad enough. BUT I can spend hours watching sci fi junk. To each her own :-)